Woodrowe House has undergone extensive and sensitive refurbishment, to provide spacious ensuite bedrooms, designed to discreetly enable the provision of specialist and complex care. Woodrowe House provides an accessible homely atmosphere incorporating a modern Bistro, inviting lounge areas, spa bathrooms and supine shower rooms, indoor and outdoor recreation spaces appointed to meet a broad spectrum of physical need. Therapeutic needs are extensively catered for through craft room, therapy suite, kitchen and laundry, and gym .
Woodrowe House is set in beautiful grounds with open countryside views and is situated in close proximity to local amenities.
Woodrowe Healthcare’s philosophy is to enable our clients to recuperate, rehabilitate or simply re-establish equilibrium in their lives; maximising choice, control, quality of life and potential while surrounded by a dedicated, therapeutic and specialist multi-disciplinary team.
Woodrowe Healthcare combines clinical expertise and experience to deliver holistic care, support and ongoing rehabilitation to individuals with acquired brain injuries, neurological and complex needs. Our understanding of the individual needs of our client group has driven the inception and development of a homely but bespoke and therapeutically led residential service; designed to empower clients to regain maximum autonomy and wellbeing regardless of complexity or need.
Woodrowe Healthcare firmly believes that an individual’s character, choices and personal identity is fundamental to their experience of their own lives. It strongly believes that in order to provide the best level of support and to maximise residents participation and achievement, all intervention, at every level, must be fundamentally driven by ‘who’ the person is and what is meaningful to them.
Woodrowe Healthcare reinforces its core values throughout every aspect of the organisation, within every activity, intervention and ideal, and with all staff members at every level.
Woodrowe Healthcare, enabling GROWTH
Self-Governance: Empowering Autonomy, Independence & Choice
Respect: Treating everyone with Dignity, Equity & Fairness
Outstanding: Achieving the highest standards of Quality & Excellence
Well-being: Delivering a service which is Meaningful, Beneficial, Safe & Sustainable
Therapeutic: Providing Individualised, Client-Led & Holistic support & Intervention
Honest: To be Ethical, Candid, Accountable and to act with Integrity
An identified short term placement, usually stipulated within a time limited commissioning period; used to assess and determine needs, risks and capabilities to inform the support needs and/or ideal location for an individuals subsequent care pathway or journey.
A goal focused, therapeutically led placement package which is regularly reviewed both internally and by external involved and commissioning parties. Identified for specific clients who have stepped down from an acute rehabilitation setting and require a specialist service which is able to continue to develop, consolidate and achieve re-acquisition, restoration and compensation of abilities and functions in order to achieve maximum independent potential.
A placement package designed to meet the needs of clients with long term, progressive or highly dependent and complex needs; which require the continued support of a specialist team in order to; prevent deterioration, maintain equilibrium, stability and quality of life. Particularly valuable to those individuals who benefit from living in an environment which is conducive and responsive to their ongoing needs and who would otherwise likely require a more clinical or hospital environment.
An identified short term placement, usually time limited by commissioning as between 2 - 6 weeks. Woodrowe Healthcare is able to provide short term care packages for individuals who meet the home’s admission criteria for the purpose of respite care and in cases of emergency. As with all other admissions to the home any placement of this type will be subject to initial needs assessment and assessment of risk prior to any short term placement being offered.
& Nominated Individual
Mandy has an extensive career history in the registered management, operation and development of new services specifically within this client group. Mandy has previously owned and operated a specialist ABI and neurological residential service and held previous posts as CQC registered manager, being fully conversant with the regulations, legislation and guidance which governs the regulation of care home services and associated regulated activities
Purpose of Position
· To work collaboratively with residents to provide support which is ‘just right’ and tailored to meet their individual needs. The purpose of this position is to enable residents to engage and participate in activities which are meaningful to them; supporting and facilitating in a manner which promotes the maximum level of independence, interaction, participation and wellbeing; as they choose and are able.
· To meet the individual care needs of residents in a way that respects privacy and dignity and promotes autonomy and independence and works towards individual residents personal goals.
· To be committed to equal opportunities and to promote equality.
· To support and enable residents to engage in physical, personal, functional, emotional and social activities and to promote quality of life and choice.
· To respect and maintain the residents home environment, appreciating at all times that the physical environment is the residents’ ‘home’.
· To proactively ensure the residents safety at all times.
· To be an ambassador for the home and to promote the organisations values at all times.
· Support and enable residents with personal activities (such as washing/bathing, dressing, toileting) as part of their day to day care and in line with written care plans, personal goals and wishes.
· To be driven by resident’s needs and wishes in supporting and enabling their participation in activities and pursuits of their choice.
· Maintain a tidy and clean environment
· To support residents, as per their care plans, to prepare, eat/drink, clear away meals, snacks and drinks.
· Help to ensure effective communication throughout the team, by participating in meetings and bringing to the attention of a senior staff member anything that may have significant effect on the well-being of residents.
· To ensure confidentiality and data protection is maintained in all respects whether concerning, residents, staff members or the business of the home.
· Participate in training events, some of which are mandatory.
· To adhere to all policies and procedures within the home.
· Maintain working knowledge of resident care plans.
· Recognise the need for action in any event where a resident may be at risk of harm and raise the matter immediately with a senior member of staff.
· Comply with the homes requirements regarding effective documentation.
Contact for full details
Directions: From M1 Junction 22; take A50 towards Leicester for 1.2 miles: At the roundabout take 3rd Exit onto Ratby Lane, sign posted Ratby, Thornton & Markfield Court: After 0.7 miles turn Left between two gatehouses: Woodrowe House is on the Left.
Copyright © 2019 Woodrowe Healthcare - All Rights Reserved.
Company number: 11465289
powered by godaddy